A wonderful Slimming World recipe which we have adapted. This recipe provides a very generous portion, more often than not we can serve 6 from this recipe.
- a baking tray of roast vegetables – a mix of courgettes, sweet potato, onions, pumpkin, peppers, cauliflower, or anything that roasts nicely
- 800ml hot stock made with a very heaped dessertspoon of Vecon
- 2tbsp curry powder
- 2 chillies
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 black cardamon pods
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves or 2 cloves
- 400g basmati rice
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 bag of coriander chopped
- Put all of the spices into the stock including the chillies.
- Put the veg into a large pan, add the rice and heat gently for 2-3 minutes, add the stock, stir well and then simmer for 15-20 minutes with the lid on the pan, until the rice is cooked. Avoid stirring the rice apart from 1 or 2 times to stop it sticking.
- When it is cooked put in the lemon juice and coriander and stir briefly. Serve immediately.