This is great with sliced meat, pies, cheese, in fact it’s great with most savoury stuff.
Red Chilli Jam
- 8 red peppers roughly chopped
- 5 red chillies, fresh or dry chopped
- 2 inch root ginger, grated
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 750g caster sugar
- 250ml red wine vinegar
Put all of the ingredients into a liquidiser or food processor and process until very finely chopped. You may have to chop it in batches. Pour into a pan and bring everything to the boil. Then turn the heat down to a simmer and cook for about 40-50 minutes stirring occasionally to make sure it doesn’t stick.
Once the jam has become thick cool slightly and pour into sterilised jars, and leave to cool completely.
- Keeps for 3 months in a cool, dark cupboard, you should refrigerate once opened.