Make this using any mix of greens – just make sure at least half of them have flavour eg rocket, basil, oregano etc and use chard, beetroot leaves, salad leaves for the rest. Juice from a tin of chickpeas is used instead of the traditional olive oil, although a few olives are added for flavour.
- 40g of mixed fresh herbs and greens
- 50g pine nuts
- 50g grated parmesan cheese
- 5 tbsp juice from a tin of chickpeas (use the chickpeas to make some hummus)
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 6 black or green olives
- Whizz all of the ingredients until nearly smooth.
- Try mixing with an equal quantity of greek yoghurt to make a great sauce for pasta and fresh sliced mushrooms.