Another recipe from my daughter, apparently it is a Paul Hollywood one.
- 375g plain flour
- 260g unsalted butter, softened
- 125g caster sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 large egg
- 1 beaten egg for glazing
- Place the flour and butter in a bowl and rub together to a crumb consistency.
- Add the sugar and the egg, and mix together.
- Tip out onto a lightly floured surface and fold until the pastry comes together, be careful not to over mix.
- Wrap the pastry in cling film and chill for 10 mins.
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7.
- Roll out the pastry to 3mm thick.
- Make your pies and glaze with the egg.
- Cook small pies for 15-20 mins or so.