This is a lovely Morrocan Tagine that goes well with the fruity cous-cous.
Jess’s Butternut Squash Tagine
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1tsp turmeric
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and diced
- 11/2 pounds of potatoes cut into wedges
- 11/2 pint of vegetable stock
- 1 x 420g drained can of chickpeas
- 3tbsp fresh chopped coriander (I use more)
- 2.Add butternut squash and potatoes and cook for 1 min. Pour in the stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 10-15 mins. Add the chickpeas and bring back to the boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Stir in the fresh coriander.
This tagine freezes well.
Tagged: Healthy Eating