My daughter Emma gave me this recipe which she said is foolproof – I haven’t tried it yet.
Choc Chip Cookies
- 125g butter, softened
- 100g light brown soft sugar
- 125g caster sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 225g self-raising flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 200g chocolate chips or whatever filling you want!
- Oven to 180°C
- Cream butter and sugars, once creamed, combine in the egg and vanilla.
- Sift in the flour and salt although I only use a tiny pinch, then the chocolate chips or whatever you’re using.
- Empty the mix onto a strip of cling film as it can be a bit wet and fold it over then roll it to try and form a fat big sausage then put in fridge for a bit till its firm.
- For small harder biscuits
- Roll into walnut size balls, about (20grams per biscuit) and flatten a little with your hand bake for about 10-12 mins? or for big chewy cookies make big balls (40grams) and flatten a bit again and bake for 12ish mins. Bake on greaseproof so they don’t stick. And leave to cool fully before removing from tray.