A yummy way to use up cooked chicken, and it’s even better if you can leave it in the fridge for a few hours before eating for the flavours to properly develop.
- Cooked chicken stripped and lightly shredded from a medium chicken
- 100g mayonnaise
- 100g greek yoghurt
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 50g butter and a splash of olive oil
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 2 heaped dsp mango chutney
- 30g flaked almonds
- 4 tsp medium curry powder
- the zest and juice of a large lemon
- 1 tsp salt
Put the shredded chicken, salt and almonds into a bowl and mix gently then add the mayonnaise and yoghurt and mix well.
Put the butter and oil into a frying pan and soften the onions, then add the curry powder, mango chutney and tomato puree and heat gently for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the lemon juice and lemon zest and mix in. Then pour the mixture into the bowl of chicken and mix well. Leave for the flavours to develop for at least 30 minutes before eating.