I have combined elements of my 2 satay recipes to make this, definitely the best so far.
- 400g diced chicken
- 2 heaped dessertspoons of crunchy peanut butter
- 200ml water
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 red chilli deseeded and chopped finely
- 1 inch piece of ginger grated
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 finely chopped spring onions
- chopped fresh coriander (half a bunch)
- juice of half a lime
Cook the chicken pieces in a saute pan for 5 minutes and then add all of the other ingredients except for the fresh coriander and simmer for 15 minutes stirring often to stop the satay sauce sticking. Check the chicken is cooked and once it is, add the chopped coriander and serve immediately with noodles.
Leave a Reply