This recipe is a mix of what my friend Michele has told me, after living in Mexico for 35 years, and a recipe I found recently.
- 1 yolk of a large egg
- lemon juice
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tin of anchovies in oil (drained)
- 1 tsp of crushed garlic
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 1 little gem lettuce
- shavings of parmesan
- some croutons
- Rub the garlic thoroughly around a wooden salad bowl
- Put into the bowl the egg yolk, a splash of lemon juice, the mustard and the anchovies, and using a spoon or fork blend all of the ingredients together.
- Slowly add the oil and continue whisking using a whisk or fork.
- When all of the oil is combined, toss the lettuce in the dressing.
- Add shavings of parmesan and the croutons and mix the salad well.