Having jumped at a bargain 10 huge mushrooms for £2 I now had to think up ways to use them. Each mushroom is at least 6″ across.
Beef Stuffed Mushrooms
- 6 x 6inch mushrooms or numerous smaller ones
- 500g lean minced beef
- 6 spring onions finely sliced
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped up
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1 heaped tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut
- black pepper
- beef oxo
- Remove the stalks from the mushrooms and finely chop.
- Mix all of the ingredients, apart from the mushrooms and half of the cheese, together.
- Put the mushrooms on a baking tray, divide the meat mix into 6 and stuff each mushroom.
- Sprinkle the remainder of the cheese over the mushrooms and bake for 30 mins at 180C.