These are lots nicer than the tinned baked beans.
Home Made Baked Beans
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 red or white onions finely sliced
- 120g of finely chopped bacon (omit for a vegetarian version)
- 2 cloves
- 2 tsp mustard powder
- 300g chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 dsp muscovado sugar (optional)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 x 400g cans of cannellini/haricot or any other similar bean
- salt and black pepper
- Using the oil, soften the onions, then add the bacon and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add all of the other ingredients, put on a lid and simmer for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper and eat.